This is a video that looks into Medigap Insurance Customer Service and what kind of support you can get from your state’s medicare supplemental benefits plan. Medigap is a plan that people who have Medicare plan A&B are able to buy to cover certain out of pocket costs that they would otherwise have to pay on their own, including co-payments, co-insurance and other payments that come out of the blue that Medicare holders don’t have the money to cover. Medicare is a very complicated program for anyone to grasp. There is plan A&B which are considered the traditional plans then there is the Advantage plan, which has certain benefits that the traditional plans do not have. Those who have plan A&B can get the supplemental coverage also known as Medigap to cover the things that the advantage plan covers that the traditional plans do not.
The video below goes into the question – what is medigap insurance plan – helping you understand how to sign up for a plan in your state since this program is administered at the state level and contact customer service to help you through the process.
As you can see from the, medicare only covers 80% of your medical expenses, leaving you with the other 20% that you have to cover. The supplemental insurance covers 100% of that 20% gap. This helps with a huge financial burden that people 60 and over have when they finally jump onto the government medical benefits program for people in that age category. Each plan with the same name offers holders the same benefits regardless of which carrier is issuing the plan but the cost may vary from carrier to carrier. Hopefully, the video was able to help you understand this program better and be able to make a decision about what plan of coverage is better for you.